President Bush has brilliantly sold himself to America’s Christian and conservative population as their hero and standard-bearer. Unfortunately, his walk does not match his talk. It pains me to point out the following realities:
1. President Bush became the first Republican president to turn his back on Biblical morality by giving homosexual activists and programs the full support and backing of the U.S. government. Democratic administrations had made similar attempts to normalize sexual perversion, but this is a first for a Republican administration.
2. Bush became the first Republican president to support embryonic stem-cell research.
3. By creating his new Office of Homeland Security and ramming through Congress his so-called anti-terrorism bill, Bush has accrued new power to the federal government not seen since the FDR administration.
4. Bush has become the first president to create a military-tribunal court system without a declaration of war from Congress, thereby subverting the U.S. Constitution and setting himself up as a de facto dictator.
5. Bush has turned his back on the millions of suffering Christians in Indo-China by leading the effort to grant Red China permanent Most Favored Nation trade status and by paving the way for China’s acceptance into the World Trade Organization. He continues to promote trade (even cross military training) with the Communist regime, its miserable human rights abuses notwithstanding.
6. Bush has turned his back on the people of Israel (and the Word of God) by promising to carve up the land God gave to Israel and give it to PLO terrorists. If Christians in the United States sit back silently on this issue (like they have virtually every other issue since Bush became president), we will forfeit the right to ask God to bless America.
7. In an embarrassing act that must be regarded as sycophantish, Bush invited some 50 Muslims to come pray at the White House yesterday. This was done in spite of the fact that Muslims worldwide began their celebration of Ramadan by praying for America’s destruction. Furthermore, last Thursday Bush issued well wishes to Muslims by referring to “the holy Quran.” As a Christian, Bush should know that there is only one holy, God-inspired Book, and it is not the Quran. For Bush to attribute divine authorship to a false religious system borders on the blasphemous!
The one bright light in all of this is Franklin Graham. Over the weekend, he rightly identified the Islamic religion as “wicked, violent and not of the same God.” He further said, “Islam, as a whole, is evil.” He also correctly pointed out, “It wasn’t Methodists flying into those buildings, and it wasn’t Lutherans. It was an attack on this country by people of the Islamic faith.”
As you can imagine, Mr. Graham has been vilified and demonized, not only by liberals in the media but also by cowardly Christians and conservatives. However, Franklin Graham has thus far demonstrated the kind of grit not seen in a long time on the national stage: he refuses to surrender or apologize for his convictions. God bless him! He is a breath of fresh air, and he gives me something for which to be thankful because the record shows that Christians and conservatives (not to mention the Constitution) have been Bush-whacked.
Chuck Baldwin Live